Calligram is about design, words and technology. And especially where all three overlap.
An independent marketing agency, we launched in January 2016. Before that, our Founder Ron worked at Rubicon Project as Content Marketing Director. And previous to that, as Head of Marketing & Communications at the UK Association of Online Publishers (AOP.)
Smart Content + Ingenious Design = Great Success!
Over the past several years, we've witnessed countless times the benefits of combining brilliant content and impactful design, in every possible combination.
WHY WORK WITH US?
1. Unique knowledge and overview of the market – bringing a clarity and simplicity to complex, technical subjects.
2. At the Heart of Change – with 10 years’ experience at the heart of where change is happening, whether publishing or tech, ability to lead the debate and push it forward.
3. Decision Makers - Extensive knowledge and experience of marketing to senior (middle management to C-level) executives.
4. Business knowledge – experience of transition through an IPO on the NYSE, rolling out marketing plans across multiple markets worldwide.
5. Economies of (Small) Scale – through a combination of business, design, editorial and marketing experience, proactively brings the ideas, as well executing them.
That equals time saved producing both design and words for all types of assets.
6. Impact – There's no getting around the fact we're at content saturation point. Everyone has to work harder just to be heard above the racket. Are words alone even enough? Intelligent writing coupled with design puts you on a pedestal.
7. Resourceful – proactively sourcing internal, unique data from multiple sources-as-a-service. Likewise building visual content stories that have been picked up and covered worldwide.
8. Creative – having honed this approach for a global, public company, look no further for unique insights into making your marketing super-powered.
Marketing / CONTENT STRATEGY
Everyone's a publisher. But with the proliferation of content - will yours sing, or just add to the noise?
With 10 years of experience writing for tech companies and senior figures in media and advertising, I can make sure your words hit the right notes - and combine words and graphics for an encore.
DATA analysis & visualisation
If data is the new oil, is yours powering your business or just burning up?
Whether it's internal, system or client data, unique insights produced through your own research or just information that's in the public domain, it all adds up to a well of potential for the writer and designer.
Some examples of projects we've done in this area include:
- Researching, writing and designing an infographic, which was released alongside a matching research report for lead generation, announced on social media with accompanying imagery, as well as in presentation form for the sales team.
- Initiating, designing and producing a research report which became an annual feature at the most important mobile ad industry conference worldwide.
- Producing guidebooks for a client event showing personalised bidding data and business profiles for each of the 30+ publishers attending. Later, a major prospect cited the design, detail and usefulness of the book as playing a major role in coming on board and adopting the platform.
Product Marketing, Case Studies & Sales Enablement
Making the complex simple is tricky, but can make a huge difference for your existing and future customers.
Getting product marketing right couldn't be more important, whether that means visualising the benefits (not just features) of what you do, or shifting their focus onto your customers to make them more concrete.
Get in touch for more examples and suggestions on product marketing.
HD content campaigns
That's HD content, not eyebrows.
Bringing together all of the elements listed here together in support of a major event, product release or announcement is a great way of grabbing attention and drumming up new business.
Every version of an HD campaign will look slightly different, but might include a combination of data visualisation, research, blogposts or longform articles, social media imagery (and even gifs.)
Not to mention print and digital advertising, sales or product marketing documentation, or an accompanying presentation to be used right there as well as in future.
Please get in touch below...